Lincoln Hills Astronomy Group
- Mar 20 (Mon) Cosmology Interest Group Meets in the Fine Arts Room in OC Lodge 6:45 PM Contact Morey Lewis (eunmor@ pobox.com) for more information
- DVD Series "Black Holes Explained"
- The lectures are by Professor Alex Filippenko, Ph.D. from U. C. Berkeley, and Click here to view a complete description of this DVD lecture series.
- Lecture 9 "Shortcuts Through Universe and Beyond "
- Lecture 10 "Shortcuts through the Universe and Beyond?"
- Lecture discussion /Q&A
- Mar 23 (Thurs) Telescope Interest Group Meets in the Multipurpose Room in OC Lodge 6:45 PM
- This group focuses on all aspects of owning and using personal telescopes. This includes purchasing a telescope for those who wish to own a telescope, assistance on how to use their personal telescopes for those who own one, and learning the basics about finding objects in the night sky to make the viewing experience more enjoyable.
- "Observing Event/Activities Planning" We will discuss what Observing events/activities are of interest to the group and when to schedule them. We encourage all interested people to attend and contribute their ideas.
- Contact Bob Collins email@example.com (253-9890) for more information
- Apr 5 (Wed) LHAG General Meeting Video Prof Alex Filippenko (UC Berkeley)
Prof. Filippenko will describe the colors of the sky, sun, moon and stars at sunrise and sunset and what causes them
Learn about things you can see with your naked eye during sunrise and sunset.
Twilight arch, Anti-twilight arch
Belt of Venus
Earth's shadow on the atmosphere
Clouds: Backlit, Clouds with a silver lining
Sun rays, Buddha's rays, crepuscular rays
Flattened/squashed sun and moon
Green and Blue flashes
Inferior and Superior Mirages
Why length of day and night l is different in summer vs winter
Vernal (Spring) and Autumnal Equinox, Solstice, midnight sun
General Meeting Information
Monthly on the 1st
Wednesday of the month.
Presentation Hall at Kilaga
Presentation at 7:15 PM